Monday 7 October 2013

First lightning shot: November 2006

My very first lightning shot. 
This here is my very first photograph of a lightning bolt. I shot it sometime in November 2006 in Elardus Park in Pretoria. I shot a number of other shots that came out terribly. It was very frustrating. At some point I wanted to give up but kept shooting. Eventually I managed to get this amazing shot and when I saw it on the screen of my camera, I couldn't contain my excitement. I didn't even bother waiting around for the rest of the storm. I just went straight to the computer and uploaded it. 

The first lightning shot, no matter how much better subsequent shots are, is always the most sentimental. I keep this one in my special archive where it will hopefully be forever a constant reminder of how far I've come.

When was your first lightning shot and how did it feel to capture this force of nature on camera for the first time?

No comments: